CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Evan's Hair Diaries

So as you all remember Evan was born with a hearty head of hair. Well the last few weeks have not been so nice to him and he has developed a vicious bald spot and a lovely little mullet! Also with the thinning of his hair we have found 2 birth marks, one at the crown and one at his neckline.
So as much as we all love a good mullet, mommy couldn't handle it any longer and I had to give Evan his first mini hair cut!
Well after my last entry about the ice storm that we got I jinxed us and we ended up losing power Sunday afternoon and it didn't return until late Monday evening. It worked out for the best and we got to spend 2 nights out at my mom's. She is leaving to see Sarah and Elise this week so it worked out perfect that she got to spend some extra time with Evan.
The first night we were there Ryan and I went over to our friends house to watch the Superbowl so Mom got to put Evan to bed. I brought his wedge for him to sleep on. Well after Mom laid him down she realized that it looked like he was slanting the wrong direction. So she lifted up his bottom to see if there was any hair on the wedge, but unbeknown to her I had just washed it the day before and no evidence of his hair lose was on there. He ended up waking a little while later and she realized that she did have it the wrong way. The next night Ryan came and stayed out at my mom's ( the first night he stayed at the house so he didn't have to make the hour drive to work in the morning) so Evan had to sleep on the floor. When he woke the first time he had completely scooted all the way off the wedge and blanket and was laying on the carpet. So after I fed him and put him back to sleep I just laid him down right on the blanket, when he woke the next time he had done a 180 and was faced a different direction. So lesson to us is that our little man is out growing his wedge and its time to take everything out of the crib because he has turned into a night wiggle warm!

0 comments: