CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Our trip to California

Evan, my mom, and I went to California last week to visit my sister Rachel, her husband Matt, and two children Madeline (almost 3) Jackson (9months); my other sister Sarah from Ohio and her daughter Elise (6months) came also.We had a great week and it was so fun seeing all the kids together. We planned on getting all the kids pictures taken together, but it didn't work out, but Rachel's friend who is an amazing photographer took their pictures individually and they are great! Jackson was dedicated while we were there so it was great that we got to be a part of his special day. Matt had a bike race one day in Chico and we all attended to cheer for him, he came in 4th place! It was Mom's birthday and we took her out to dinner in Chico while the kids stayed behind with babysitters. Rachel also planned a picnic after Jackson's dedication. Overall the week went great, you would think 3 babies with different nap schedules we may never make it out of the house but it actually worked out. Elise is such a sweet happy baby and is so fun to be around she has a smile for everyone and just loves to sit and play with her toys. Watch out if you put her in her car seat she is not a happy camper. Jackson is so fun to be around and always seems content. He loves to sit in his jumperoo and kicks his legs and swings his arms, its very cute to watch. Jackson is such a sweet natured baby its funny to watch him when he pulls out his wrestling moves and acts like he is going to bite you ( I have a video I will upload later..) Madeline was fun to be with. She is very well behaved but definitely has the Wegner stubborn streak :) She loved Evan and called him Ev Bev and would play with him and chase him around the house. Needless to say I am sure Evan misses all of his cousins this week now that he is just stuck with him mom and dad.
Evan has grown soooo much the last 2 months its truly amazing. He has been crawling for over a month now, he pulls himself up on everything and can transfer between two things while standing, he can push things in front of him to use as a walker. He can hold his own sippy cup ( he loves ice water), but not his own bottle yet. He can eat small mushy foods by himself, but I prefer to help him because the clean up is really hard when your baby has a full head of hair :) He says "mama" a lot, majority of the time he seems to associate it directly with me and other times he just seems to like the sound. Last night we were watching a tv show that had clapping before it went to commercial and when it came back on. Every time Evan heard the clapping he would stop what he was doing to clap. I got him a wooden puzzle yesterday and he crawled right up to it and took all the pieces out by himself. I was amazed that he understood what to do so quickly. Yesterday I was sitting in the doctor's office and there was a 3 year old who was acting up jumping all over the place and screaming. Evan just sat there watching him and would laugh at him when he did something really silly. I have a feeling that will be him in a few years because he is such a hyper easily bored baby.
I will update later with video and pictures from our trip...our computer is under repair so I am using my friends to do this update.
Check out Evan's FABULOUS pictures!
www.tentoesphotography.com
enter your email address
password- cousins
Evan's pictures start on page 3

0 comments: