CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

3 Month Update

Well its been too long since we updated everyone and a lot has happened.
Ryan's parents came and visited President's Day weekend. Evan really enjoyed seeing his grandparents! And so did Ryan and I. Thanks to his parents we got to have a nice Valentines dinner together while Evan stayed with Bob and Cheryl.
Then later that week Evan and I left for Ohio to visit my sister Sarah and her new baby Elise. While I was there my dad came up from Indiana and met Evan for the first time. Then the second to last day we were there my Aunt Joyce, cousin Susan, and her daughter Katie came to visit as well. ( click on Shutterfly link to see pictures of their visit and various other photos). Evan was a perfect angel while we were there. He was content with whatever we were doing and had a huge smile for everyone he met. Not that Evan hasn't always been a good baby, but this bubbly little independent baby emerged while we were there. He was happy if he was on the play mat, he was happy if he was in the swing, he was happy if he was being held, and he was happy if he wasn't. But sadly to say old Evan has returned. He wants to be held just so, he only wants the swing for short periods of time, and cover your ears if you put him in his car seat. So needless to say we are moving to Ohio in with his Aunty Sarah :)
The last 4 weeks emerged a child that wants to eat all night long and not sleep. I have heard it all : 3 month growth spurt, he enjoys your company and doesn't want to be without you, he is teething, he isn't eating enough during the day. Well I have tried all remedies and nothing seems to work. So I am a walking zombie all week until the weekend comes when Ryan lets me sleep in.
Our strong little man has been trying his hardest to sit up and roll over from his back to belly. He hasn't rolled from his stomach to back since our last video.
I text Ryan today and told him we are not allowed to leave Evan on the coach unattended any longer ( I know we are bad parents we were never suppose to leave him unattended :), but today we were sitting there. Evan was propped up against a pillow, I leaned down to get a tissue from under the coffee table and next thing I know Evan is off the pillow and has rolled to the side and is about 1inch from the edge of the sofa. He had pulled himself up to a sitting position and then couldn't hold it and had feel to the side and then rolled onto his stomach.
Evan's Aunty Sarah has a prediction- she says Evan will be running before he walks. Anyone that has been around Evan for any period of time knows he always has those feet kicking. I call him my little Happy Feet.
The last 2 weeks I have been working on laying Evan down awake for his naps instead of rocking him to sleep. So far not so good. I can only listen to him fuss for a few minutes before I am back in there putting back in his passy and rubbing his belly. And if he breaks out into a really good scream I am racing back in there picking him up and soothing him in the rocking chair. Then to make me feel worse my mom showed her excellent grandma skills this weekend by laying him down for a nap and he was out. No soothing, no belly patting, and a strange bed to top it off. So its official we are moving to Ohio and taking my mom with us!

2 comments:

Jerrod Moll said...

Has Ryan said "...And I shall call him Mini Me!" yet? It is uncanny how much he looks like him.

cheryl said...

Evan is a doll. I sure miss him. I feel like I am looking at my brother each time I see Evan. and he does look like his daddy.. please don't call him mini me !! ha ha ha