CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 30, 2009

My poor baby!

Emmy, Jodi, Rylan, Emily, and Evan
Evan and Rylan

Rylan knocking down her pinata


Rylan and her bday cake



Evan at Rylans party

To update you from my last entry, I ended up taking Evan to the doctor and he had an ear infection, roseola ( rash from fever), and bad congestion from his cold. So he got his first antibiotic :( and cough medicine. He really handled it like a champ, his only problem was sleeping because he couldn't sleep laying flat because of the congestion, so he spent 5 nights in our bed either propped on a pillow or on my chest.
Well then that created a vicious little problem, Evan wants to be held at night while he sleeps. Well I hit my breaking point last nite. Evan woke 4 times before 2am just wanting to be soothed back to sleep. When he woke the first time I told Ryan " I will enjoy Evan wanting to be rocked by his momma while I can :)" and by 2am I told Ryan " I am about to lose it". I fed him and rocked him back to sleep and the minute I laid him down he popped open those precious eyes and started to cry. So I decided it was time to try the dreaded "cry it out" ( please dont judge :). So I swaddled him nice and tight, gave him his passy, closed my bedroom door, turned down his video monitor ( but I could still see him) and set my alarm for 30minutes. I tried my hardest not to stare at the monitor the entire time and 25minutes later he was out and slept until the morning!! So we are hoping we are on our way to a healthy new sleeping pattern for all. Keep your fingers crossed for us!
So as I mentioned before I am weaning Evan off of breastmilk. When he was 3wks old he started getting formula occasionally and never seemed to have any aversion to it. Well the last week or so he wasn't eating much and would some time get really grumpy after he ate. I wasn't sure if it was his lost of appetite from the cold or teething ( I hear they aren't as hungry when they teeth), but I was lucky if he was eating 20 oz a day ( they should eat 30-40 a day) so I switched formula over the weekend and today he has already eaten 30 oz!! This formula is half the price ( Wal-mart brand Gentle) and smells much better then the other kind.
My friend Jodi from Colorado was in town this week with her daughter Rylan. Evan and I met her Friday for lunch and then Friday night we had a belated birthday party for Rylan at Jodi's mother in laws.

0 comments: